9.28.2011

My kid might be a genius...

Besides the fact that Benjamin is 2 and a holy terror right now, I am mostly enjoying his being in pre-school because it affords me the time to not only do my job, but also allows me time to simply observe Jonathan in action. I admit that I don't really know anything about childhood development and what is normal for kids at certain stages, but I cannot help but think that Jonathan is a phenomenon. Today he was playing a reading game on PBS Kids. I just happened to walk by as he answered the question: "Which word best describes the setting at the end of the story." The answer that he selected, correctly: Forbidding. Seriously??? I figured it was probably just a lucky guess. I mean, there were only four options to choose from anyway. So I asked him, "Jonathan, what does forbidding mean?" "Um, kind of like scary." Okay, sweet, I'll just get my yogurt and go back to my desk. You're fine on your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment